NEW and IMPROVED General Guidelines for our Working Student
Program. Please read thoroughly.
1. Working student must be at least 8 years of age.
2. Working student must be enrolled in lessons and have attended the working
student training program.
3. Working student must be responsible, trustworthy, and physically capable to
perform barn chores. If a student has difficulty following instructions and being
safe, we have the right to postpone the program for this student.
4. Working student must have a current working student application on file.
5. Only barn managers are permitted to complete working student forms and
allowed to distribute coupons (5 hours of WORK = 1 one group lesson).
6. Coupons earned can only be redeemed for a group lesson (no practice rides).
7. Working students may work in 30 minute increments (no quarter hours permitted
8. Working students are not permitted to work during camp hours.
9. Once coupons are issued, it is the responsibility of the working student not to
lose them (new coupons will not be re-issued).
10. Please call 24 hours in advance when scheduling free lessons.
11. Practice rides will cost $35 for an hour.
12. Instructors must approve horses for students to ride in free lessons.
13. Students are NOT allowed to be dropped off at the barn on school holidays or
camp, unless enrolled in camp.
Working Student Program - This is a fantastic program managed by our
Ms. Lisa and is available for all our students (Adults and Children ages 8 and
up). She will train and explain your responsibilities and give you the
opportunity to work with the knowledgeable Barn Managers. This program is
available to children and adults.
For every four hours of grooming time you will receive a coupon good for
one practice ride or you can join a lesson of appropriate level. No trail riding
without an approved guide.
Working Student Program Application: Age 8 - 17
Working Student Program application: Age 18
is always OPEN!!
Join our innovative
Do we do
No, But we have
Boost your confidence
Build your skills
Enhance your lessons
Put Mike Smith's
40 years of experience
work for YOU!!
You'll love it!
|Woodland Horse Center
16301 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20905
301-421-9156 fax: 301-421-9049